Monday, February 17, 2014

Top 8 Surprises



Where we are in life: 
Patrick graduates from OSU in about a month. There is no job, as of yet. This week is the career fair. Once Patrick gets a job, we will be able to plan our life. At this point, I can't see beyond March, so it kind of feels like the world is going to come to an end in 30 days. I'm still hopeful, and we are both very optimistic about the situation. If you hear of any mechanical engineering jobs, let us know. 

Although, finding a career is a high priority in our lives, it doesn't consume our whole life. As for catching up on what we have been doing, I've created this "Top 8 Surprises of Febraruy So Far...."

Top 8 Surprises of February 
(who actually pronounces the first "r" in February?)

1. Kevan is getting married to a Ballerina. 
Patrick and I went to Krislyn's Ballet performance last week. She dances for Ballet Fantastique; a Eugene ballet company. This was the first we had seen her dance (other than that one time her and Kevan attempted to do ballet jumps in the living room). She is so a beautiful, strong, graceful dancer. Most surprising discovery to me was that ballet shoes are loud. I guess the ballarina's need some structure in their shoes, if they are going to STAND ON THEIR TOES!

 
Krislyn was a Rain Goddess.




2. It snowed 18 inches in Corvallis
This was surprising, but not as surprising as what we came home to after the ballet.

6 FEET OF SNOW on our front back porch. Someone had piled it there. Naturally, I was paranoid that somehow this was a threat to our lives. Like someone was burying our house and they were going to bury us next. It was just so weird. I had Patrick check every corner of our apartment. About five minutes after we got home, the Louderbacks broke. They couldn't contain themselves and confessed to the act, along with Brent. Thank goodness it was a prank and my life wasn't actually at risk. The most surprising part of this event was that the snow acted as insulation for our gliding glass window and we were just a little warmer during the polar vortex.

A week later.


3. We got Local Boyz at work. 

It was one of my coworker's last day of work, so we we had a farewell party catered with Hawaiian food. It also happened to be the first day of the "snowpocalypses." Add that all up and it resulted in all you could eat meat, rice, and mac salad.
Pure indulgence.
Pure carnage.
Biggest surprise of the party was when Brandon discovered that a syringe is actually the perfect instrument for applying"da sauce" (soy sauce) all over your food.


4. I haven't seen Frozen. 


 I really want to see it. It comes out on DVD March 18th. Mark your calendars- I will be watching it. Yes, you can join. Biggest surprise of today was that Patrick realized the voice of Elsa in Frozen is the same person who is Elphaba in Wicked.


5. I love the Olympics.
  Carrot Three Carrot Three Carrot Three  (AKA <3<3<3). My favorite sport is probably the biathlon, which is X-country skiing mixed with shooting. The biggest surprises of these winter Olympics is that nobody is really doing exceptional. I feel like when I watched the last summer Olympics, world records and Olympic records were being broken left and right. This year it's more like the athlete's are just trying to finish the course without crashing.
Both styles of Olympics are thrilling, just in different ways.

6. Valentine's Day was full of surprises.
I've learned early in marriage that if you want Patrick Beesley to get you a gift for any holiday (including your own birthday) you must explicitly tell the boy what you want- pictures and charts help too. This year for Valentine's day I wanted a box of heart-shaped Jr. Mints. I saw them at the store and told him right then that I wanted them for V-Day. He immediately said, "Well, great. Let's get them right now." To which I responded, "No, you have to come get them secretly." This concept always seems to boggle him. The next week, we were at the store again and I said, "You know what, Patrick, we should just get those mints right now." To my dismay, all of the heart-shaped Jr. Mints had vanished without a trace. Let this be a lesson in procrastination.

For Valentine's day I got a gift from my husband. It was wrapped in true Beesley form-- in a sweater. In that sweater was a box. This is the box:


It says, "IMAGINE THEY'RE HEART SHAPED."




Also, boys and girls are different.

Guess which card I wrote and which one Patrick wrote.



7. Maybe I've been spelling my last name wrong.
I went onto familysearch.org today. I had never explored the site before, so I got curious. It was mind blowing. The oldest line I found went all the way back to 830 AD. Once you go back far enough, nobody has real names, they're all earls and lady's of places that probably don't exist anymore. Anyway, to my surprise, I found 4 different spellings of my maiden name. The current spelling is "Willes," but I also found a "Welles," "Willis," and "Wyllys." I even found an ancestor named William Wyllys Willis. That is just too much "will" power.

8. Finally, panda people scare me.



Whenever I see this car in the parking lot, I think there is someone in the passenger seat. Not only a person, but a big furry person. It is creepy. Please, stop.


Happy FebUary.






No comments:

Post a Comment