Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lego House

We officially found an apartment in Corvallis! Finding a reasonably priced apartment in a not too shabby neighborhood in Corvallis is like competing to catch a game winning home run ball in the midst of hundreds of other devote fans. There is a lot of competition, and really it mostly comes down to timing and luck. So I'm glad that's over with. We are moving on Monday, September 23rd. We would move on the 21st, but the 22nd is the primary program. We want to stay for that.

The other noteworthy piece of news I have to share is that we completely finished Lego Star Wars the Nintendo game. Since we decided to COMPLETELY finish the game, there was a lot of grueling coin collecting at times. It was worth it.

My favorite character was Han Solo in a parka and Patrick's was a bounty hunter. 


Side note: I have a hard time saying NIN- tendo, I've been saying NEN-tendo my whole life. Also Browser instead of Bowser, ambilical cord instead of umbilical cord, and numchuck instead of nunchuck (which is actually formally Nunchaku).

Patrick and I liked playing Lego Star Wars so much that we jumped right into playing Lego Harry Potter. I think I make a great Hermione Granger... but Patrick also makes a pretty great Hermione Granger too. We are getting so good at playing the Lego video games that if things didn't work out with finding an apartment in Corvallis, we might have just build a house out of Legos.

They actually did build a Lego House.

Don't worry about us though, we still get out and about. Saturday and Sunday we went to Longview, WA for Stake Conference. It was so OUTSTANDING that I wrote an entire blog post about it Sunday night. The big highlight was that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland was there to speak and set the tone. Monday we went to family dinner with the Beesleys and played a game and watched Fat Head (that movie ensued an hour long car ride discussion and kind of made us question all our nutritional beliefs- I didn't even really know I had nutritional beliefs). Yesterday we went disc golfing at Pier Park. We made a goal to get a team score of 148 or better. If we achieved our goal, we got to go to DQ. If we failed, we had to weed. Guess what our score was... 
EXACTLY 148. Talk about a nail biter.

No comments:

Post a Comment