Monday, August 19, 2013

Party Our Pants Off

This week was Patrick's Birthday, Dar's Bridal Shower, and Cory and Christina's Wedding reception. That's a lot of celebrating. 

We celebrated Patrick's birthday 3 times. Once with his family, once just the two of us, and once with my family. It was really hard work to celebrate with his family. They made us work all day in the hot hot sun for brownies and ice cream. Okay, that's not entirely true. We volunteered to help Patrick's brother work on his new house. When I say we worked on his house, what I mean is we spent like 2 seconds in the house and spent all of our time in the backyard hauling and demolishing. Patrick and I both got to drive the tractor. It was my first time... look what they made me do. I'm pretty sure the tractor is the multipurpose tool of farm equipment. Patrick even used the tractor to pick up that propane bomb. After the work, we did eat brownies and ice cream, which was in no way related to our service at the house. Patrick's parents gave us both birthday gifts- they are taking us to Cinetopia. We've never been. I'm excited. All we need to do now is pick the movie. The only requirement is that it has to be in 3D.


Here is a picture of Patrick raising the roof because it's his birthday. Wha wha.



His actually birthday was on a Wednesday. I decided to get sick that day. It was kind of a low key day. However, we did still manage to eat cheese cake, open gifts (I got him a wall clock and he got to renew his motorcycle endorsement), and read all of his virtual birthday cards (Facebook messages).



Speaking of the motorcycle endorsement, Patrick had to get his license renewed, which sadly means he had to get a new picture taken. In case you haven't seen his old license picture, I've included it below. It's fantastic. One of the funniest things of last week was when we went to Ace Hardware. They check your ID there if you buy with a card. The cashier took one look at his photo and said "oh man, I bet you'll be sad when you have to get a new license when you turn 21." Two things are funny about this. 1) Little did she know he was turning 27 in just a few days and 2) We live in Oregon, you don't renew your license even close to your 21st birthday.


We went to Corvallis for the rest of our partying. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch with my parents and the Loudybacks. Patrick wore a ridiculous hat, courtesy of my parents and Wild Wings. Also, Wild Wings gives you a free piece of chocolate cake and ice cream for your birthday. I think I was the only one who ate it, but it sure was yumba.


Friday night was Dar's bridal shower, so all the women folk went to that. It was beautiful and well hosted- props to the maid of honor. Dar and her fiance, Trevor, are actually living in different states right now because Trevor has an internship. Planning a wedding and being in different states would be really rough, and my heart goes out to them. After the shower, we went to Pastini's for dinner. We were a large enough group that they gave us the whole back patio to ourselves. Then we watched Mean Girls and painted our nails. Patrick and I finally got approved for an apartment in Corvallis this week for when we move back. It is in the first ward boundary, which is the ward we were in before, but this time Dar and Trevor will be in our ward. It's so great to have friends at church.

Bridal Shower- photo credit of Stephanie

The boys were left to their own devices... thus, the birth of Ultimate Jenga.

Saturday we went to Cory and Christina's wedding reception. It was kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but we rode with our friends, so the whole trip was very fun, like a mini road trip. I thought the venue of the reception and the decorations matched the couple very well and it was a very nice reception. The couple is actually getting married on Tuesday, but they had their reception early. You know, at the bridal shower and at the wedding reception I was asked to write a piece of marriage advice to the couple. I should really come more prepared to these events because I stumbled to think of any advice either time. I asked Patrick for help and he just said "don't punch each other in the face." So that was our advice to Cory and Christina.

The almost newlyweds- photo credit of Stephanie
Loudybacks!
They all called each other before the reception to make sure they matched.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to find this blog!!! I laughed A LOT at this post (particularly the drivers license). Yay!!

    ReplyDelete